Oribe at NYFW Spring/Summer 2018
Oribe’s unrivaled team of stylists created nothing short of hair envy during the NYFW Spring/Summer 2018 season. Each presentation—whether held outdoors in the elements or as a more traditional runway show—complemented the designer’s vision by using a variety of innovative techniques and carefully curated Oribe products
Chromat kept true to their aesthetic this season, creating a Spring/Summer 2018 collection inspired by the overall theme of serenity, including elements such as rocks, lava and volcanoes. To accompany the collection, Kien Hoang, Oribe Director of Training & Content, created two looks. The first, a naturally textured look where Kien and the Oribe Team enhanced each model’s curl pattern using a Marcel iron and pick comb, represented the essence of tranquility, while the second, a twisted, coiled style with braids front and center, symbolized pressure and eruption.
Get the Look (Braided):
- Prep hair with Foundation Mist and Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray and brush through.
- Flatiron hair and split into three sections.
- Create cornrow braids starting at the crown and moving toward the face.
- Section off a thin “pie-slice” on each side of the head from the crown to the hairline and add to the braid until ear level. Be sure to spray each “slice” softly with Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray.
- Continue braiding to chin level and secure.
- Loosen the braid and adding Thick Dry Finishing Spray for fuzzy texture.
- Brush the rest of hair into a mid-height ponytail directly above the occipital bone.
- Secure with an elastic cord and finish with Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray.
repost: Oribe Backstage